Wednesday 27 February 2013

Crazy wildlife we`ve come across along the way

As I sit here at 1.30am local time writing this blog, I can no longer be arsed to put it in order as I can barely see the keys and more on the keyboard as George Michael, Spandau Ballet and Phil Collins seem to be on loop, whilst Jen is in bed fast asleep, and a guy from America called Chad keeps yabbing in my ear about how cool English people are (no idea where he got that view from!), so here are some random photos of weird and wonderful wildlife we have come across, which is by no means an exclusive list as there are loads of things we didn`t get to snap.


So here`s a lizard thingy that was roaming around on top of sugar loaf mountain in rio, no idea how it got up there but there were quite a few of them roaming about up there. No danger to humans apparently.


This weird little chap was running around on a rock by the water slide in Parati, he kinda looks like a bit of wood on little legs.



Some cool flowers snapped somewhere, can`t really remember where



A cool butterfly that only took 15 attempts at getting the perfect photo. Who knew butterflies open and shut their wings alot.



Some other cool flowers we came across on our jeep tour in Parati, Gregorio told us there were over 11,000 different species in Brazil, STATO! 




Here`s a cool fish that was in an enclosed area in Ilha Grande at some hostel that claimed to be the party hostel but when we visited there was about 3 groups sitting there and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. But there was a cool fish, perhaps thats what they meant by party hostel, theres a fish having a party there on his own. what am I going on about......its late!


This big old snail was blocking our entrance to our hostel in Ilha Grande at the top of the massive hill that we dreaded when walking home each night. not so easy after cheap cachaça in the dark in flip flops that keep breaking!


Some more cool flowers, I forget where


A turtle chilling out at turtle lake in the botanical gardens in Rio (which took forever to get to, should have got the bus). Turtle lake was about the 12 foot by the way so not as epic as it first sounds!


This little chap landed on my at the top of Sugar Loaf mountain. It scared the ish outta me so I quickly swatted it off onto Jen who freaked out and swatted it off onto the concrete next to us. After realising it wasn`t anything dangerous (we thought anyway) we realised how cool it was and got this pic. Colourful little thing.


These massive lillies were in the botanical gardens in Rio, the biggest was a good 2 1/2 foot in diameter, pretty cool. With fish and turtles swimming in between them. Jen convinced me that they wouldn`t take my weight so I didn`t step on one against my will. Probably right, but we`ll never know...if they can support that brown leaf there then surely.......o well


Jen sitting under a tree which had pink flowers, loads of which had fallen to the ground making a pretty little area and some clever chappy had put a bench there making for this nice little pic.


So as Chad keeps telling me that the America dollor gets a better exchange rate than the pound in Argentina (it does but I don`t have any and he doesn`t seem to understand that it will be more expensive for me to change pounds to dollars to pesos instead of just pounds to pesos) I round this blog up at 2am local time (4 am to you lot who were in bed ages ago) with a minibus to catch in 6 hours to the Iguaçu falls,. The things I do for you guys writting blogs til this time in the morning, too busy to do it in the day.

Time to get some sleep.

No Chad, I don`t want to talk about exchange rates again (whoops I`m writing this aren`t I?!)

Defo off to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment